3 Things You Can Do Until the AC Repair Company Arrives
Picture this: Illinois is smack dab in the middle of a summer heatwave and your home’s air conditioning system decides to break down. Sounds like your worst nightmare, right? Well, while this definitely doesn’t sound like an opportune time for your cooling system to fail, there’s no reason get all hot and bothered. Here are a few things you can do to keep cool until the air conditioning repair company arrives:
- Go for a swim! There’s no better way to cool off on a hot day than by taking a dip in the pool. Not only can a pool help you cool off, it’s also a great way to clear your mind!
- Hungry? Avoid turning on the stove or the oven to cook your meal as these are both major heat-producers in your home. Go out to eat or grill up your favorite meats and vegetables outside.
- Turn on your ceiling fans in order to keep air circulating throughout your home. Although ceiling fans don’t actually generate cold air, they can help make your skin feel cooler. We also recommend placing box fans in the windows at night to draw cool air in from the outside.
We understand that air conditioning problems don’t happen between 9 and 5. We’re here for you 24-hours day and that includes weekends and holidays. At ABC we make repairs easy and we’ll keep you and your family cool and comfortable all summer long.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +