Indoor Air Quality Services in Chicago
Keep Your Home’s Air Clear of Allergens, Dust, Mold & More
When you think of air pollution, you probably picture vehicle exhaust, smokestacks, and smog hanging in the air. But according to the EPA, indoor air can be five to 10 times more polluted than the air outside.
Just what is polluting your indoor air? Off-gassing from fire-retardant fabrics, radioactive radon from the soil, chemical vapors from cleaning products, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from building products are just a few examples. Other pollutants include allergens such as dust, dust mites, mold, and pet dander. These irritants have become a greater concern in recent years as people spend more time indoors.
If you’re ready to clean up the air in your Chicagoland home, seek indoor air quality (IAQ) services from ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric.
Chicago Indoor Air Quality Services
At ABC, our IAQ specialists are highly skilled and fully understand heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. We don’t just treat your symptoms—we get right to the source by performing an in-depth evaluation of the air quality in your home. Depending on what we find, we may recommend certain solutions to create a cleaner, healthier indoor environment.
We install and service the following Carrier products for indoor air quality:
Discover how you can improve your Chicago home’s indoor air quality by calling ABC at 888-868-6667 or contacting us online now.
How COVID-19 Impacts Indoor Air Quality
Will an air cleaner or air purifier help protect me and my family from COVID-19 in my home?
What kind of filter should I use in my home HVAC system to help protect my family from COVID-19?
Is ventilation important for indoor air quality when cleaning and/or sanitizing for COVID-19 indoors?
The Benefits of IAQ Products
- Decreases dry air in the home
- Calms allergies
- Helps reduce the risk of viruses spreading through the air
- Keeps heating costs low
- Reduces energy costs
- Decreases dampness in your home
- Improves home comfort
- Helps control odors
- Improves the overall cleanliness of your indoor air
- Increases the life span of your HVAC filter
- Reduce heating and cooling costs
- Expels allergens from your home
- Improves overall indoor air quality
UV germicidal light
- Reduces and kills germs
- Disinfects your air as well as surfaces in your home
- Decreases electricity costs
Signs You Need Indoor Air Quality Services
How can you tell your indoor air quality is suffering? Watch for these signs that you should schedule IAQ services with ABC:
- You get sick often: Seasonal allergies, colds, and the flu can be caused by an unusually high amount of allergens, bacteria, and viruses inside your home.
- High humidity is commonplace: Look for condensation on the windows, musty smells, and mold growing in the bathroom or basement. These are signs of high humidity, which can be caused by poor ventilation.
- You use chemicals often: From household cleaners to laundry detergent to hairspray, you use more chemicals daily than you probably realize. These introduce fumes and VOCs into your home, which may become trapped inside without the proper indoor air quality products to clean and ventilate the air.
When you notice these warning signs, don’t hesitate to contact ABC! Our expert HVAC contractors can assess your needs and provide the indoor air quality solutions you need—whether that requires changing air filters, installing a new air cleaner, or doing anything else!
Make sure your family is breathing fresh, clean air. Call ABC at 888-868-6667 or contact us online for indoor air quality service anywhere in the Chicagoland area!
Benefits of IAQ Solutions
By choosing ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric to install IAQ solutions in your home, you and your family benefit in the following ways:
- Fewer symptoms: Whether you’re sensitive to mold, artificial fragrances, or pet dander, the chances of allergy symptoms, asthma attacks, and colds diminish when you use indoor air quality products.
- Fresher, cleaner indoor air: With solutions from ABC, you’ll notice there are no more musty odors or chemical smells lingering in the air.
- Better sleep: By eliminating respiratory irritation with IAQ products, you’re able to sleep more soundly and wake more rested for a better quality of life.
Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Chicagoland Home
Better indoor air quality should be the number one project on your home improvement list, and ABC can help! Let us recommend the best IAQ products from Carrier. Then, trust our experienced technicians to perform the installation and ongoing services to keep your air cleaner than ever before. With our convenient scheduling options and no-surprise-pricing guarantee, you know you can count on us for a job well done.
Schedule indoor air quality services today by calling ABC at 888-868-6667.
Indoor Air Quality FAQs
Why should I be concerned about my home’s indoor air quality?
Studies show that air trapped inside homes and buildings can be far more polluted than the air outside. No matter how often you clean your house, your air can be filled with dust, pet dander, pollen, chemical fumes, viruses, and more.
What are the most common indoor air pollutants?
The common culprits that pollute indoor air are relatively harmless – dust, pet dander, pollen, fabric fibers, and other common household particles.
Do humidity levels affect my indoor air quality?
Yes. Homes with consistently high humidity levels often lead to mold and dust mites so expect more allergy issues.
Are programmable thermostats worth the money?
Yes. They help you take control of your comfort and save money by automatically adjusting settings around your schedule.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–