Chicago Whole-Home Humidifier Installation
Maintain Healthy Levels of Humidity in Your Chicago Home
Dry air is a problem throughout Chicagoland homes during the winter. Cold air can’t hold as much moisture as hot summer air. What’s worse is that home heating zaps whatever moisture is left from the air, leaving your house bone dry from about October through April.
The solution is to hire ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric to install a whole-house humidifier. This provides the same benefits as running a portable humidifier, but every room receives an even amount of humidified air.
To learn more about making your home more comfortable this winter with a whole-house humidifier, please call ABC at (888) 868-6667 today.
Problems with Low Indoor Humidity
If you don’t have a whole-house humidifier, chances are you’ve experienced some of these problems with low indoor humidity:
- Lingering illnesses: There’s a reason why winter is cold and flu season. First of all, very few droplets hang in the air, which allows bacteria and viruses travel with ease. Then, membranes in your nose and throat dry out, permitting more germs to make it into your lungs. These combined issues make it easier for you to get sick and stay sick longer.
- Chapped lips and itchy skin: Your skin is over half water, so when the air is dry, you may experience itching, flaking, and painful cracking of your skin and lips. These comfort problems leave you reaching for the lip balm and lotion all winter long.
- Static shock: Static electricity heightens in the winter when indoor air is at its driest. This causes your clothes to stick to your body and your hair to stand on end. It also results in painful static shocks when you touch a doorknob or pet the cat. Static shock can fry sensitive electronic equipment.
- Damage to wood furnishings: Dry winter air saps the moisture out of everything in your home. As an organic material, wood is especially vulnerable. Hardwood floors may crack, cupboard doors might warp, and musical instruments can lose their tune as the humidity drops.
A Whole-House Humidifier Can Benefit Your Chicago Home!
The best solution for dry air is to install a whole-house humidification system. This device works in tandem with your furnace, adding mist to the heated air that circulates around your home. A humidistat ensures the unit delivers just the right amount of moisture to bring the relative humidity to between 30 and 50 percent. This is the ideal range to maximize home comfort all winter long.
ABC is a leading expert in indoor humidity control. We’re here to help Chicagoland homeowners feel more comfortable in a properly humidified home. Let our indoor air quality experts evaluate your situation and design and install a Honeywell or Aprilaire humidifier to suit your needs. When you do, you can expect to enjoy these benefits:
- Better health: Higher moisture content in the air keeps your nose and throat moist, making it more difficult for bacteria and viruses to get around. This helps you and your family stay healthy in the winter.
- Improved comfort: Properly humidified air keeps your nasal passages, skin, and lips healthy and moist so you feel more comfortable.
- Lower heating bills: When the air is dry, moisture readily evaporates from your skin. Since evaporation has a cooling effect, you feel the need to turn up the thermostat. On the other hand, properly humidified air keeps moisture on your skin where it belongs, making you feel more comfortable at a lower temperature and therefore decreasing your heating bills.
- Preserved furnishings: Protect your wood floors, furniture, artwork, electronics, and musical instruments by adding the right amount of moisture to the air with a whole-house humidifier.
Choose ABC for Whole-Home Humidifier Installation in Chicago, Illinois
ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is here to help. We are the leading experts in helping Chicagoland homeowners properly control the humidity levels in their homes. Our indoor air quality experts will evaluate the air inside your home and design and install a Honeywell or Aprilaire humidification system that will deliver the perfect amount of moisture to your home.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–