24-Hour Emergency Air Conditioner Repair in Chicago, Illinois
Picture this: It’s the Friday before an unusually hot Memorial Day weekend, and your air conditioner suddenly stops working. Extended family is due to arrive at your Chicagoland home in the morning, and you don’t have air conditioning!
Don’t panic—ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric offers emergency AC repair for situations just like this. We’re here for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! The next time you’re in a bind, just call (888) 868-6667 and request emergency AC repair.
Do You Need Emergency AC Repair in Chicago?
Some air conditioner problems are annoying, but they can wait to be repaired until regular business hours. Others are more urgent and require immediate attention. Here are the most common problems worthy of emergency air conditioner repair:
- The air conditioner won’t turn on: Before you call ABC, make sure the unit is receiving power. Check if any circuit breakers are tripped and make sure the outdoor condensing unit is plugged in. Then, set the thermostat to “cool” and see what happens. If these basic troubleshooting tips don’t work, you need an emergency repair to get the cool air flowing once again.
- The air conditioner runs, but the air feels lukewarm: Set the thermostat to “auto” and turn the temperature down. Wait for the AC to come on, and if the air exiting the supply registers still feels warm, schedule a repair. The refrigerant may be low, or the compressor may be acting up, both of which require a professional repair.
- The air conditioner shuts off prematurely: This could mean the equipment is overheating, preventing it from completing a full cycle before the failsafe kicks in and shuts off the AC. Replace the filter to see if improved airflow helps the situation. If not, call ABC for an emergency repair.
- The air conditioner smells or sounds strange: From pungent or musty odors to grating or squealing sounds, these signs mean something’s wrong. Shut off your air conditioner and call us right away!
Why Choose ABC for Emergency AC Repair?
When you’re faced with an emergency, you might think you can attempt an air conditioner repair yourself. However, without the proper training, you could make a mistake that damages your equipment or puts your family’s safety at risk. You might also lack the right tools for the job. DIY air conditioning repairs could even void your warranty.
It’s clear that professional AC repair is a must. Here are the reasons why ABC is the best HVAC company in Chicago for the job:
- We’re available day and night, weekend and holiday, to address your air conditioning emergency.
- It doesn’t matter if we originally installed your air conditioner or not—we can fix it!
- We are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer and President’s Award winner.
- We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
- Our experience dates back over 65 years.
- We stay ahead of the industry by offering specialized training to our technicians.
- We’re so confident in our team that we guarantee your 100% satisfaction.
- Our technicians are NATE-certified, meaning they are among the most proficient HVAC techs in the country.
- We background check our technicians before they can join the team. Our selection process is so stringent that only 10% of applicants qualify.
- We price by the job, not by the hour, so you avoid any unpleasant surprises.
- You can join our Ultimate Advantage Club and benefit from discounted repairs, waived service call charges, and extended warranties on all repair work.
- If you decide your aging air conditioner isn’t worth repairing, we can replace it with a new, high-efficiency model.
Choose ABC for Emergency Chicago AC Repair
The next time your air conditioner acts up, don’t let a day go by before calling our experienced team for help. Your safety and satisfaction are our number one priority, which is why we background check our technicians before adding anyone to our team. We’re so diligent in our selection process that only 10% of applicants qualify. This is why we confidently guarantee all AC repair work we perform.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–