Aeroseal Duct Sealing in Chicago, Illinois
As energy costs continue to rise, many Chicago homeowners are looking for ways to maximize heating and cooling efficiency. But even if you have a brand new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner, as much as 20 to 30 percent of heated and cooled air is wasted. The culprit? Leaky ductwork.
Fortunately, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric can seal your ducts to reduce leaks and help conditioned air reach its intended destination. The technique we use is called Aeroseal Duct Sealing, a patented technology that tackles air leaks from the inside out.
Read on to learn more, or call ABC at (888) 868-6667 to schedule duct sealing services today.
Why Do Ductwork Air Leaks Matter?
If you want a more efficient home, ductwork leaks are detrimental to achieving your goal. Leaks occur when the tape or adhesive used to seal air duct joints no longer stick properly. Air can even leak through ductwork insulation, which is not designed to be an air barrier.
Any ductwork leak impacts HVAC system efficiency. If conditioned air leaks into unoccupied spaces in the attic, in the unfinished basement, or behind the walls, you don’t benefit from it. This means you pay more to keep your home comfortable because some of that precious heated and cooled air is wasted. Sealing your ductwork helps you maximize every penny you put toward running the furnace and air conditioner.
What Is Aeroseal Duct Sealing?
Aeroseal Duct Sealing is a patented technology that tackles leaks from the inside out. Aeroseal software allows your ABC HVAC technician to accurately measure the duct leakage in the home. To seal leaks in the air ducts, the Aeroseal process puts escaping air under pressure, causes polymer particles to stick to the edges of a leak, then to each other until the leak is completely sealed off.
In addition to the annual cost savings you’ll enjoy greater comfort and improved indoor air quality. Rooms that were hard to heat or cool will have more even temperatures and be more comfortable, while dust and fumes from once leaking return air ducts will no longer be drawn back into the fresh air supply.
Aeroseal is a non-toxic, UL tested and approved, aerosol sealant. It’s the best technology available today for sealing ductwork in existing homes. After all, how do you expect to access ductwork installed behind finished walls and ceilings? With Aeroseal, there’s no need for demolition. Here’s how the process works:
- We put the entire system under pressure so we can measure the precise amount and location of air leaks in your ductwork. This pretest determines whether duct sealing is necessary in your case.
- We inject the ductwork with Aeroseal. As this sealant exits through gaps and cracks in the ductwork, polymer particles begin sticking to the edges of the leak, and then to each other until the gap is sealed completely from the inside.
- We monitor the entire process from a computer, which tells us in real time how effectively the Aeroseal product is plugging up holes in your ductwork. It only takes 1 to 2 ounces of sealant to get the job done.
Interested in learning more about how duct sealing with Aeroseal can help insulate your home from the high cost of heating and cooling? Call ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric for complete details.
What Are the Benefits of Aeroseal Duct Sealing?
The time and effort required to have your ductwork sealed are well worth it. Just consider the many ways you stand to benefit:
- Lower heating and cooling bills: If your high-efficiency HVAC equipment isn’t performing as well as you’d hoped, leaky ducts could be to blame. Sealed ductwork provides annual cost savings that pay you back for your investment.
- Greater comfort: Air leaks don’t just let conditioned air out—they also allow hot, cold, or humid air from unoccupied spaces to enter the ductwork and circulate into your home. Sealed ducts make it easier to keep your home comfortable in all seasons.
- Improved indoor air quality: Air isn’t the only thing that can enter gaps in the ductwork. Dust, insulation particles, fumes, and other allergens can also make their way into the fresh air supply. Sealing the ductwork prevents this, keeping your indoor air cleaner.
Call ABC for Aeroseal Duct Sealing in Chicago Today!
Any duct leakage translates into extra air that must be supplied so sufficient heating or cooling reaches the conditioned space. This not only increases effective heating and cooling loads, it also increases fan energy due to increased flow and/or run time. Sealing duct leaks reduces the amount of heated or cooled air the supply fan must handle to deliver the same amount of air to the conditioned space—and ABC can help!
Interested in learning more about how duct sealing with Aeroseal can help insulate your home from the high cost of heating and cooling? Contact ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric for complete details.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–