Chicago Air Conditioner Replacement
If you’re tired of barely making it home on I-290 only to find that your air conditioner is still acting finicky, it may be time to throw in the towel. But replacing your old air conditioner requires careful consideration. What efficiency rating, size, and brand will you choose? Who can you trust to help you replace your AC?
Relax—ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is here to guide you through the air conditioning replacement process. We have over 65 years of experience replacing air conditioners in homes throughout the Chicago area. When you’re ready to replace your cooling system, call ABC at (888) 868-6667 to schedule an estimate.
Chicagoland Air Conditioner Replacement Services
You should take the AC replacement process seriously if you want your investment to serve you well for the next decade or more. Here’s how ABC helps you choose a new air conditioner to match your comfort preferences, budget, and indoor air quality expectations:
- Select a brand: As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we install some of the most efficient and reliable ACs available.
- Pick a SEER rating: Since higher SEER ratings generally require a larger upfront investment, we’ll help you calculate the payback period of different units so you make a wise decision.
- Size the air conditioner: It’s not enough to replace your old AC with another one of the same size. To ensure the best performance possible, we perfectly size your new AC based on your home’s square footage, insulation levels, air infiltration rates, interior heat gain, and other factors.
- Install the AC: One of our Comfort Consultants installs your new unit, calibrates it for comfort and energy savings, shows you how the programmable thermostat works, and hauls your old AC away.
Signs You Need an AC Replacement
While air conditioners are robust machines, no AC can last forever. Here are some of the top reasons to consider an AC replacement:
- Lukewarm air or limited airflow makes it difficult to keep your home a comfortable, even temperature.
- Strange noises or smells come from the air conditioner even time it turns on.
- Your cooling bills are on the rise.
When to Choose AC Replacement vs. Repair
The above signs you need an AC replacement could also be viewed as reasons to have your AC repaired. However, there comes a time when repairs are no longer good enough, and you should replace your air conditioner instead. Here’s how to tell:
- Age: It’s time to consider replacing your AC once it reaches 10 to 15 years old, especially if it’s also experiencing performance issues.
- Frequent repairs: If your air conditioner has broken down multiple times over the past two summers, spend your money on a high-efficiency replacement instead of yet another repair.
- High repair cost coming up: Regardless of the unit’s age, if an upcoming repair approaches or passes 50% of the cost to replace it, put your money toward a new AC.
- Freon charge required: Freon, or R-22 refrigerant, is currently in a phase out process. As supplies deplete, it becomes increasingly expensive to recharge older air conditioners that still run on this ozone-depleting refrigerant. Your money could be better spent on a replacement AC that uses more eco-friendly Puron, or R-410A refrigerant.
Schedule AC Replacement in Chicago with ABC
If you’re looking for a quality Carrier air conditioner from an HVAC contractor that offers professional installation services and affordable financing options, count on ABC! We’re so confident you’ll enjoy working with our Comfort Consultants on your air conditioner replacement that we guarantee your 100% satisfaction!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–