Chicago Air Conditioner Replacement
If you’re tired of barely making it home on I-290 only to find that your air conditioner is still acting finicky, it may be time to throw in the towel. But replacing your old air conditioner requires careful consideration. What efficiency rating, size, and brand will you choose? Who can you trust to help you replace your AC?
Relax—ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is here to guide you through the air conditioning replacement process. We have over 65 years of experience replacing air conditioners in homes throughout the Chicago area. When you’re ready to replace your cooling system, call ABC at (888) 868-6667 to schedule an estimate.
Chicagoland Air Conditioner Replacement Services
You should take the AC replacement process seriously if you want your investment to serve you well for the next decade or more. Here’s how ABC helps you choose a new air conditioner to match your comfort preferences, budget, and indoor air quality expectations:
- Select a brand: As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we install some of the most efficient and reliable ACs available.
- Pick a SEER rating: Since higher SEER ratings generally require a larger upfront investment, we’ll help you calculate the payback period of different units so you make a wise decision.
- Size the air conditioner: It’s not enough to replace your old AC with another one of the same size. To ensure the best performance possible, we perfectly size your new AC based on your home’s square footage, insulation levels, air infiltration rates, interior heat gain, and other factors.
- Install the AC: One of our Comfort Consultants installs your new unit, calibrates it for comfort and energy savings, shows you how the programmable thermostat works, and hauls your old AC away.
Signs You Need an AC Replacement
While air conditioners are robust machines, no AC can last forever. Here are some of the top reasons to consider an AC replacement:
- Lukewarm air or limited airflow makes it difficult to keep your home a comfortable, even temperature.
- Strange noises or smells come from the air conditioner even time it turns on.
- Your cooling bills are on the rise.
When to Choose AC Replacement vs. Repair
The above signs you need an AC replacement could also be viewed as reasons to have your AC repaired. However, there comes a time when repairs are no longer good enough, and you should replace your air conditioner instead. Here’s how to tell:
- Age: It’s time to consider replacing your AC once it reaches 10 to 15 years old, especially if it’s also experiencing performance issues.
- Frequent repairs: If your air conditioner has broken down multiple times over the past two summers, spend your money on a high-efficiency replacement instead of yet another repair.
- High repair cost coming up: Regardless of the unit’s age, if an upcoming repair approaches or passes 50% of the cost to replace it, put your money toward a new AC.
- Freon charge required: Freon, or R-22 refrigerant, is currently in a phase out process. As supplies deplete, it becomes increasingly expensive to recharge older air conditioners that still run on this ozone-depleting refrigerant. Your money could be better spent on a replacement AC that uses more eco-friendly Puron, or R-410A refrigerant.
Schedule AC Replacement in Chicago with ABC
If you’re looking for a quality Carrier air conditioner from an HVAC contractor that offers professional installation services and affordable financing options, count on ABC! We’re so confident you’ll enjoy working with our Comfort Consultants on your air conditioner replacement that we guarantee your 100% satisfaction!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–