Air Conditioner Repair in the Chicagoland Area
During the hot, humid Chicagoland summer, having a working air conditioner isn’t just a luxury—it’s a necessity. When you return home from a Millennium Park Summer workout or the Chicago Blues Festival to find that your air conditioner is broken, this is an emergency that can’t wait.
Fortunately, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is here for you! We have over 65 years of experience fixing air conditioners to maximize efficiency and minimize cooling costs. The next time you’re inconvenienced by a broken AC, call us at (888) 868-6667 to schedule a repair!
Chicagoland Air Conditioner Repair Services
It doesn’t matter who installed your air conditioner or what make or model it is—our technicians can fix it! We’re so confident in our team that we guarantee your 100% satisfaction. Here are the types of air conditioner repair services we offer:
- Compressor Repair
- Fan Belt Replacement
- Fan Blade Repair
- Blower Motor Replacement
- Refrigerant Leak Repair & Recharge
- Electrical Repair
- And More!
Before we begin the work, we diagnose the problem and explain your repair options and prices. By the way, we price by the job, not by the hour, so you can avoid any unpleasant surprises. Once you have all the information you need to make an informed decision, we’ll move forward with the repair. If you decide it’s time to throw in the towel, we can also replace your aging air conditioner with a new, high-efficiency model.
Signs You Need AC Repair
While air conditioners are robust, many things can go wrong with such complicated machines. Here are some of the top reasons to schedule AC repair:
- No power: If the air conditioner doesn’t turn on, make sure it’s receiving power (in other words, no circuit breakers are tripped) and that the thermostat is set to “cool.” If this basic troubleshooting doesn’t work, call ABC.
- Lukewarm air: Set the thermostat to “auto,” not “on.” If the air coming from supply registers still feels warm, the compressor may have failed or the refrigerant may be low.
- Poor airflow: Try changing the filter. If that doesn’t improve airflow, let us inspect your system and fix whatever’s wrong. You may need duct cleaning services to increase airflow.
- Strange noises or smells: From squealing or grating sounds to pungent or musty odors, don’t ignore these signs that something’s wrong with your air conditioner.
We understand that air conditioner breakdowns don’t always happen on weekdays between 9 and 5. That’s why we offer 24-hour emergency repair services, including weekends and holidays. Let us help keep you cool and comfortable throughout the entire Chicago summer!
Benefits of Professional Repair—Why You Shouldn’t Try it Yourself
Feel free to troubleshoot basic air conditioner problems before you call a professional. However, if simple fixes don’t make a difference, leave in-depth repairs to a professional. Here’s why:
- Proper training prevents mistakes that could damage your equipment or risk your family’s safety.
- Professional tools are needed to perform many AC repairs.
- Any refrigerant-related problem requires attention from a certified professional.
- Repairs come with labor and parts warranties for your peace of mind.
Schedule Chicago AC Repair with ABC
The next time your air conditioner acts up, don’t let a day go by before calling our experienced team for help. Your safety and satisfaction are our number one priority, which is why we background check our technicians before adding anyone to our team. We’re so diligent in our selection process that only 10% of applicants qualify. This is why we confidently guarantee all AC repair work we perform.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–