Air Conditioner Repair in the Chicagoland Area
During the hot, humid Chicagoland summer, having a working air conditioner isn’t just a luxury—it’s a necessity. When you return home from a Millennium Park Summer workout or the Chicago Blues Festival to find that your air conditioner is broken, this is an emergency that can’t wait.
Fortunately, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is here for you! We have over 65 years of experience fixing air conditioners to maximize efficiency and minimize cooling costs. The next time you’re inconvenienced by a broken AC, call us at (888) 868-6667 to schedule a repair!
Chicagoland Air Conditioner Repair Services
It doesn’t matter who installed your air conditioner or what make or model it is—our technicians can fix it! We’re so confident in our team that we guarantee your 100% satisfaction. Here are the types of air conditioner repair services we offer:
- Compressor Repair
- Fan Belt Replacement
- Fan Blade Repair
- Blower Motor Replacement
- Refrigerant Leak Repair & Recharge
- Electrical Repair
- And More!
Before we begin the work, we diagnose the problem and explain your repair options and prices. By the way, we price by the job, not by the hour, so you can avoid any unpleasant surprises. Once you have all the information you need to make an informed decision, we’ll move forward with the repair. If you decide it’s time to throw in the towel, we can also replace your aging air conditioner with a new, high-efficiency model.
Signs You Need AC Repair
While air conditioners are robust, many things can go wrong with such complicated machines. Here are some of the top reasons to schedule AC repair:
- No power: If the air conditioner doesn’t turn on, make sure it’s receiving power (in other words, no circuit breakers are tripped) and that the thermostat is set to “cool.” If this basic troubleshooting doesn’t work, call ABC.
- Lukewarm air: Set the thermostat to “auto,” not “on.” If the air coming from supply registers still feels warm, the compressor may have failed or the refrigerant may be low.
- Poor airflow: Try changing the filter. If that doesn’t improve airflow, let us inspect your system and fix whatever’s wrong. You may need duct cleaning services to increase airflow.
- Strange noises or smells: From squealing or grating sounds to pungent or musty odors, don’t ignore these signs that something’s wrong with your air conditioner.
We understand that air conditioner breakdowns don’t always happen on weekdays between 9 and 5. That’s why we offer 24-hour emergency repair services, including weekends and holidays. Let us help keep you cool and comfortable throughout the entire Chicago summer!
Benefits of Professional Repair—Why You Shouldn’t Try it Yourself
Feel free to troubleshoot basic air conditioner problems before you call a professional. However, if simple fixes don’t make a difference, leave in-depth repairs to a professional. Here’s why:
- Proper training prevents mistakes that could damage your equipment or risk your family’s safety.
- Professional tools are needed to perform many AC repairs.
- Any refrigerant-related problem requires attention from a certified professional.
- Repairs come with labor and parts warranties for your peace of mind.
Schedule Chicago AC Repair with ABC
The next time your air conditioner acts up, don’t let a day go by before calling our experienced team for help. Your safety and satisfaction are our number one priority, which is why we background check our technicians before adding anyone to our team. We’re so diligent in our selection process that only 10% of applicants qualify. This is why we confidently guarantee all AC repair work we perform.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–