Tips For Saving Money On Air Conditioning Costs This Spring and Summer
In the typical Chicago area home, an air conditioner uses more electricity than any other appliance. During extreme heat waves air conditioning can account for as much as 60-70% of your electric bill.
Of course, the most obvious way to lower your cooling bill is to run the air conditioner less often and turn the temperature up a couple of degrees. But there are several other little things that can make a difference.
- Clean your air conditioner coils. Dirty cooling coils will make your air conditioner work harder, reducing efficiency.
- Use ceiling fans. A ceiling fan will allow you to raise the thermostat setting about 4°F with no reduction in comfort. Remember to turn off ceiling fans when no one is in the room.
- Although thermostats can be adjusted manually, programmable thermostats will avoid any discomfort by returning temperatures to normal before you wake or return home.
- On hot days, avoid using your oven. Use a microwave oven, or grill outside.
- Make sure bathroom and kitchen fans are vented to the outside (not just to the attic).
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.