Garbage Disposal Repair in Chicago
The garbage disposal is a vital part of a smoothly operating kitchen. When it stops working, and the sink starts backing up, everything comes to a grinding halt. The next time this happens to you, let the expert plumbers at ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric fix the garbage disposal without delay.
At ABC, we work according to your schedule, with services available 24/7 if you ever have an emergency. Our plumbers are certified, trained, and experienced to handle any job you throw at them. Plus, with our No Surprises Pricing and Worry-Free Guarantees, you can schedule garbage disposal repair with peace of mind, knowing that the job will be affordable and guaranteed to last.
To schedule garbage disposal repair in the Chicagoland area, please call ABC at 888-868-6667.
Reasons to Schedule Garbage Disposal Repair
The garbage disposal under your kitchen sink is responsible for grinding up food particles that make their way down the drain. As such, this appliance is robust, but it can still experience various problems. Here are the top reasons Chicago area homeowners call ABC for garbage disposal repair:
- The garbage disposal won’t operate: First, make sure the unit is plugged in and that no circuit breakers are tripped. Next, if the garbage disposal has a reset button, try pressing it. If these troubleshooting tips don’t work, it could mean the motor has worn out, and you must replace the entire unit.
- The flywheel is jammed: If the disposal hums when you flip the switch but doesn’t operate, this means the flywheel is stuck. Try freeing the jam by inserting a hex wrench of the proper size into the hole on the bottom of the garbage disposal. Alternately, you can prod the flywheel by sticking a broom handle into the sink.
- The flywheel is worn out: Aging garbage disposal blades start to become dull and no longer grind food effectively. Let ABC remove the flywheel and sharpen the blades or replace the grinding mechanism, and your garbage disposal will be as good as new!
- The garbage disposal is leaking: This problem is the result of a worn out hose or seal. We’ll thoroughly inspect your system to find the problem and perform the necessary repair.
- The drain line is clogged: If your kitchen sink clogs, never use chemical drain cleaner! Instead, call a plumber to locate and clear the clog without damaging your garbage disposal.
How to Keep Your Garbage Disposal Running
A little maintenance and knowing what not to put down the drain can help your garbage disposal run properly for many years. Just follow these tips:
- Keep certain items out: First of all, never pour grease or oil down the drain! The only things that should go into the garbage disposal are soft food items. Never put non-food items like glass, paper, or plastic down the sink. Hard foods such as bones, fruit pits, and popcorn kernels also belong in the trash, not down the sink. Fibrous foods including corn husks, celery stalks, onion skins, banana peels, and artichoke leaves can also cause problems.
- Run the faucet simultaneously: Run cold water before, during, and for a few seconds after operating the garbage disposal. This prevents the unit from seizing up and assists with flushing away food particles.
- Freshen up the blades: Every time you peel an orange, lemon, or lime, send the peels down the drain to leave a citrus scent behind. A handful of ice cubes and a few squirts of dish soap are also effective for dislodging debris and freshening up the blades.
Choose ABC’s Chicago Plumbers for Garbage Disposal Repair
As a homeowner in Chicago, you deserve to work with the best plumbers in the area. That’s where ABC comes into play. With ABC’s No Surprises Pricing and Worry-Free Guarantees, you can relax and enjoy your new garbage disposal, knowing that if anything goes wrong, ABC will take care of everything.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–