Water, Don’t Waste It
While conserving water is imperative all year ‘round, it’s especially important during the summer months. Why? Between lawns drying out, giving your vehicles a much needed shine and drinking more water to stay hydrated, water usage levels are often higher during the warm season. See below to find out how you can cut back on consumption this time of year:
- Have a habit of trimming the lower branches and leaves on shrubs and trees? Don’t. Letting them grow so that they eventually fall and accumulate on the soil will help reduce evaporation. As result, your garden or yard may not need to be watered as frequently.
- When was the last time you inspected your sprinkler system? We recommend going outside to make sure the valves aren’t leaking and that the sprinkler heads are working properly.
- Washing fruits and veggies? Do so in a pan or a pot to catch the excess water rather than letting it all run down the drain. Then use it to water your plants!
- Use a hose nozzle or turn off the water while you wash your car. Letting it run the whole time could lead to 100+ gallons of water wasted.
- Need to clean the walkway or driveway? Use a broom instead of the hose.
Notice a leak inside or outside of your home this summer? One call makes it simple. For over 60 years, ABC has been providing plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical services to homes all across Chicagoland. At ABC, our people provide professional service with a personal touch.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.