6 Water Conservation Tricks to Try Today
Water is something that can easily be taken for granted. We leave the faucet on while brushing our teeth, let the water heat up in the shower before we get in and run the dishwasher while it’s only half filled. While it may seem like there’s an endless supply, that is definitely not the case and our responsibility to cut down on water consumption today. The best part? Saving water is easier than you thought.
- Washing dishes by hand? Don’t leave the water running. Instead, fill one of the basins with warm soapy water and use that to scrub the dishes. Then rinse them quickly with clean water in the other basin.
- Replace those old fixtures with low-flow options. This includes shower heads, toilets and faucets. “Low-flow” means it uses less than 2.5 gallons per minute.
- Check for leaks. A quick walkthrough of your house will do the trick. Take a look at faucets and pipes for drips – because even a small drip can waste upwards of 20 gallons per day.
- Only use the toilet for human waste. Leave all other bathroom items for the trash can because every time you flush the toilet you could be wasting almost 5 gallons of water if you have an older model.
- Cut down on shower time. Pick 2-3 of your favorite songs, as long as they’re roughly 2-3 minutes in length and get out as soon as the last song is finished.
- Don’t water your lawn on windy days. Wind can blow sprinklers off target and you’ll wind up with a soaking wet driveway or walkway instead of the lawn.
One call makes it simple. For over 60 years, ABC has been providing plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical services to homes all across Chicagoland. At ABC, our people provide professional service with a personal touch.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.