Top Ways To Save Energy This Summer and Cut Your Home Cooling Costs
As much as 60 percent of the average home’s energy costs come from heating and air conditioning, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. With a few home improvements and changes in your household routine you can greatly decrease the amount of money you spend on your utility bill.
- Seal Air Leaks – Fixing drafty windows, doors and outlets will keep the cool air inside in the summer and prevent heat loss in the winter.
- Use to CFL or LED Lights – Conventional incandescent bulbs emit a lot of heat. You’ll save electricity and keep your home cooler with energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Curtains and Blinds – Keep south and west facing windows covered on hot days and opened during cool evenings.
- Program The Thermostat – Program the thermostat to turn air conditioning off when you’re away.
- Add Attic Insulation – Insulation will cut heating and cooling costs by 10 percent or more.
- Ventilate Your Attic – Ventilation fans prevent excessive heat from accumulating up in the attic.
- Check Your Air Ducts – Sealing and insulating your home’s air distribution system will increase your cooling system’s efficiency.
- Plant a Tree – Deciduous trees will shade your home in summer while allowing the warmth of the sun through in the winter.
- Scheduled Maintenance – Regular maintenance is essential for keep your home heating and cooling system operating reliably and at peak efficiency.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.