5 Quick Dishwasher Fixes
Ever open the dishwasher after a cycle to realize that all of your dishes and utensils are still dirty? There’s nothing more frustrating if you ask us. See below to find out how you can get your machine to leave your kitchen items sparkling clean once again!
- Check the spray arms. Sometimes they get clogged with food particles or soap residue and don’t work like they’re supposed to. Hard water is another common reason why the spray arm could clog but you can use warm water and vinegar to get them back in action.
- Don’t throw out that old toothbrush. Use it to clean off any dried-on food that could be causing an improper seal around the door. If it’s not closing properly, you could see some major problems with your appliance.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the soap tray. Large pots or pans could be blocking the door causing it to stay closed. It could be also be stuck shut from soap residue.
- Run a cycle with nothing inside. Sometimes detergent can build up inside so it’s a good idea to run a rinse. Pour some vinegar into the dishwasher and run it on the “rinse and hold” cycle.
- Clear the drain line. Just be sure to turn off the power, then you can check to see if the line is blocked.
Having issues with the drain line? The expert plumbers at ABC can help you! Call us today.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–