Proven Ways To Conserve Water This Season
Did you know that the average person uses about 80 – 100 gallons of water each day? At first glance this may not seem possible, but take a second to think about how many times you flush the toilet, run the faucet and how much time you spend in the shower. It all adds up, but there a few key ways you can cut down on water consumption this season:
1. How old is your toilet? If it’s more than 10 years, chances are it’s not as efficient as models on the market today. Shop around for low-flow toilets and fixtures and you’ll be amazed at how much you can save.
2. Have an in-ground sprinkler system? Take note of temperatures outside and seasonal weather patterns. They often change each month so be sure to adjust your watering schedule to match.
3. Looking for a more efficient way to water plants and trees? Have a plumber re-route your greywater to areas that need it most.
4. Don’t forget to check outdoor hoses, faucets and sprinklers for leaks. It’s much easier for homeowners to spot a leak outdoors.
5. Using the hose outside to power a sprinkler or water plants? Set a timer in the kitchen so you’re reminded to turn it off in a reasonable period. Overwatering does more damage to flowers and plants than underwatering.
Outdoor leaks can really drive up your water bill if left unattended. And sometimes they can be very tricky. Call on the experts at ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric to get them fixed quickly and efficiently so you can enjoy your time outdoors this season.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–