5 Plumbing Mistakes to Avoid
Have the plumber on speed dial? While plumbing emergencies are usually unexpected and require the knowledge and professionalism of an expert technician, other minor plumbing problems can be avoided. Stay away from these five common mistakes that make homeowners reach for the phone.
1. Don’t Treat the Garbage Disposal like a Compactor: Be very careful of what you toss down your garbage disposal. They are more delicate than you might think and tossing stringy foods like potato peels, celery and pumpkin carvings can cause major damage.
2. Watch the Weight: Have a shampoo rack hanging from your shower head? Don’t put too many bottles of shampoo or bars of soap on there. Shower fixtures aren’t made to handle heavy weight, so place them on a shelf or on the floor instead.
3. Flush This, Not That: Toilets and their pipes are designed to handle human waste and toilet paper, not action figures, paper towels or cotton balls. Throw all other bathroom toiletries in the trash and remind your children to keep their toys away from the bowl.
4. Handle the Faucet with Care: Have a leaky faucet? Pulling or pushing really hard on the handle will not stop the water from dripping. It can leave you with a broken handle or worse, a broken faucet.
5. Take Pictures: Taking apart a plumbing fixture? Take pictures so you remember exactly what you took apart and which pieces go where. When it comes to kitchen faucets and shower heads, the pieces and clips are made to fit together a certain way.
Have a plumbing emergency? Contact ABC right away and we’ll get the problem solved fast!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.