Light Switch Warning Signs
Many times your home’s electrical system will give you warning signs when there is a problem. Do any of your light switches have any of the following symptoms?
- The cover plate is warm to the touch
- There is darkening or black marks around the switch plate
- Lights flicker or turn off in their own
- Crackling, popping, or buzzing can be heard coming from the outlet
- Breakers repeatedly trip when a switch is turned on
- Burning smells are noticeable when a switch is on
- The switch is loose or wobbles around when used
- You get a shock when operating the switch
- Light intensity varies when other appliances on on or off
- The home is over 40 years old and has not had an electrical safety inspection recently.
If your light switches show any of the above symptoms, have your home’s electrical system inspected by a licensed electrician.
Remember, light switches and outlets should only be installed by a qualified electrician.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–