How To Keep Your Home Safe During Severe Storms
When severe storms are in the area it’s important to be alert to the dangers of flooding and power outages. To keep your home and family safe during and after severe storms The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) offers these tips.
1. If severe storms and heavy rains are approaching, unplug electrical devices to protect them against damage from power spikes.
2. Use battery powered flashlights and lanterns instead of candles to prevent accidental fires.
3. Have your utility company’s phone number on your phone to alert them of downed power lines.
4. If your basement becomes flooded, be aware of submerged outlets and electrical cords that can cause electrocution.
5. If your home is damaged by water have an electrician inspect your electrical system for damage before turning on the power to appliances and other electrical systems.
6. Never use outdoor grills, portable generators or other fuel burning devices indoors. They emit dangerous carbon monoxide gas.
To help you weather the storm and protect your family and property, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric can install backup sump pumps, standby generators, and whole house surge protectors.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.