How to Fix a Broken Thermostat
Without a thermostat it would be nearly impossible to keep our homes at a comfortable temperature. After all, they control the heating during the colder months and the air conditioning in the spring and summer so homeowners are relying on them just about all year ‘round. However, just like most pieces of technology, they can run into problems from time to time. So if yours is on the fritz, read below to find out how to fix it:
- Adjust the temperature setting. If you notice your air conditioning isn’t kicking on this season when the house seems to be on the warmer side, set the thermostat 5 degrees below the normal setting. This should make the cooling system kick on.
- Make sure it’s set to “cool”. Oftentimes, homeowners forget to switch the system over to air conditioning after a long winter of heating.
- Sometimes, the condenser unit needs to be reset. Check the owner’s manual for instructions or call on the experts at ABC.
- Check the batteries in the thermostat and/or make sure the wires are connected properly. Each wire should be attached securely to its respective mounting screw.
- Check the breaker to make sure the fuse that powers the equipment has not blown.
Still can’t seem to get your thermostat or cooling system to kick on? Don’t worry, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric is here to help! Just give us a call to schedule an appointment and we’ll get you back up and running as quickly as possible.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.