Holiday Decorating Safety TIps
When it comes to decorating for the holidays, homeowners often neglect to follow simple safety precautions that could leave them in a world of trouble. There are a lot of safety hazards that come about while using electrical cords, setting up lights and decorating the tree so keep these rules in mind as you decorate this season.
1. Need to use an extension cord to plug your lights or lawn decorations into an outlet? Check to see if your cord is labeled for outdoor use, otherwise keep it inside. Outdoor cords are designed specifically to handle the elements while indoor cords are not.
2. Hanging lights outside of your home? We recommend using clips or hooks, but if you must staple them be careful not to puncture or pinch any wires.
3. Have you been using the same lights for years? Holiday lights are now available with LED bulbs that won’t get hot and use less energy. Consider making the switch to save on energy bills this season.
4. Remember to turn lights and decorations off during the day, or any time you leave your home for an extended period.
5. Have a live tree? Make a note or set a reminder to water it regularly. A dry tree and any heat source can lead to a fire.
Have additional questions about how to keep your home safe this holiday season? Feel free to give ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric a call.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–