Fire Safety Tips, Holiday Edition
Did you know that U.S. fire departments responded to an annual average of 860 home fires that began with holiday decorations from 2009-2013? That’s the last thing you need when you’re preparing your home for guests this week. Find out how you can keep your home, your decorations and your family fire-free this holiday season:
- Heat and holiday decorations don’t mix. Keep them at least three feet away from the fireplace, candles, air vents and all other sources of heat.
- Carefully inspect all electrical cords and wires. Look for fraying or any other sort of damage to the wires as well as electrical outlets and remember to never string together multiple extension cords.
- Be sure to water your Christmas tree daily. Dry trees are much more likely to go up in flames.
- Check all smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re working properly. Now is also a great time to change the batteries if you haven’t done so in a while.
- Never leave cooking equipment unattended especially while cooking on a gas stove. If you must leave the room, even if it’s just for a quick second, ask somebody to keep an eye on the food.
We hope you have a safe and happy holiday and remember, when you need expert heating service in Arlington Heights or the surrounding neighborhoods you can always count on the experts at ABC!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–