Fall Electrical Safety Tips
As the cool weather arrives and we begin to spend more time indoors, now is a good time to be aware of the electrical hazards around the home during the heating season. The Electrical Safety Foundation International offers the following tips.
1. Safely store warm weather tools like lawn mowers and trimmers. Check cold weather tools, such as leaf and snow blowers, along with their power cords, for unusual wear and tear.
2. Repair or replace worn tools or parts right away.
3. Unplug and safely store battery chargers that won’t be in use again until spring.
4. Use only weatherproof electrical devices for outside activities. Protect outdoor 5. electrical devices from moisture. Make sure electrical equipment that has been wet is inspected and reconditioned by a certified repair dealer.
6. Keep dry leaves swept away from outdoor lighting, outlets and power cords.
7. Make sure electric blankets are in good repair and certified by an independent testing lab such as UL, CSA or ETL. Power cords should not be frayed, cracked or cut.
8. Do not tuck your electric blanket under mattresses or children, and do not put anything, such as comforters or bedspreads, on top of the blanket while it is in use. Never allow pets to sleep on an electric blanket.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.