ABCs Winter Plumbing Checklist
With the winter right around the corner this is the time to ensure that your home’s plumbing system is prepared to withstand the cold temperatures.
1. Make sure all outdoor hoses have been disconnected and are stored for the winter.
2. If the home has a shutoff for the outdoor water supply, close the valve and turn on the outdoor faucets to drain out the water.
3. Turn up the water heater temperature to retain hot water during colder weather. The water temperature should never exceed 125°F to prevent scaling.
4. To prevent frozen pipes, ensure that there are no cracks or gaps in the foundation that could allow cold outside air to pass over water pipes.
5. If the weather gets extremely cold, letting faucets trickle water will keep the water flowing and reduce the risk of frozen pipes.
6. Flush your water heater to removed sediment that can reduce heating efficiency and cause corrosion of the tank.
Need help getting your home’s plumbing system ready for winter? Call ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.