6 Ways To Stay Cool Without AC
Your home’s cooling system has been running ‘round the clock for a few months now and let’s face it, it could use a rest. One of the top reasons for air conditioner breakdowns during the summer is overuse and the hot weather doesn’t make things any easier. But aside from all that, giving your system a break could also lead to lower energy bills this season.
We know what you’re thinking, “how can I stay cool if I turn my air conditioner off?” Believe it or not, you can keep cool even on the hottest days using the simple steps below:
- Pay close attention to the temperature outside and when it cools down, open up windows and doors. Tip: open windows on opposite sides of the house to create a cross-breeze.
- Fans are your friends. They cost much less to operate than central air systems and they can help make the room you’re in feel cooler rather than chilling the whole house.
- Too much humidity inside the house can make it feel warmer. Run a dehumidifier and keep midday washing (yourself and your clothes) to a minimum.
- Keep the cool air inside. Take a look around your windows and doors and if you notice any gaps or cracks in the caulking, fill them immediately. We also recommend adding weatherstripping to cut back on the transfer of air.
- Keep blinds drawn during the day. This will help keep the sun’s warm rays out and will leave you with a cooler home while the sun’s out.
- Spend more time on the lower levels of your house. Hot air rises and tends to make rooms upstairs warmer than the ones in the basement or on the first floor.
Keep your cooling system operating at peak efficiency and correct problems before they become costly emergencies is to have ABC perform an annual system tune-up and safety inspection. This will help prevent against breakdowns when you least expect it! Call us today at 888-868-6667 to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–