6 Reasons To Consider Calling an Electrician
If your home was built over 20 years ago, there’s a good chance it may not be up to speed with the latest electrical safety and convenience features. Here are a few things to consider.
1. Frequently tripping breakers. This indicates that circuits are drawing more current than they can safely provide. It can also mean a dangerous electrical fault on one or more circuits.
2. Fading or flickering lights. Does running appliances like an air conditioner or dryer cause the lights to dim or flicker? 220 amp appliances draw a lot of current and should be wired on dedicated circuits. If smaller appliances such as microwaves are causing problems, consider adding a 20-amp line to service for them.
3. Overloaded outlets. If power-strips and plug-in addons are tangling up your outlets, your electrical system is likely working beyond its intended capacity. Adding circuits with duplex receptacles can restore neatness and safety.
4. Not enough outlets. If your home looks has extension wires running under rugs and furniture, your increasing the risk of an electrical fire and accidents. Consider adding more outlets.
5. Get grounded. Many older homes have outlets without three-prong grounded plugs. This is a bigger problem than not being able to plug in an appliance – it could indicate that your electrical wiring system is not fully grounded, and could be a safety problem.
6. Water hazards. Wet locations such as kitchens, baths and laundry rooms require outlets protected by Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters GFCIs. Adding GFCIs will make your home code-compliant-and safer. If you already have GFCIs be sure to test them regularly using the reset buttons.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.