5 Natural Ways to Boost Indoor Air Quality
Did you know that air fresheners and household bathroom sprays may actually be making the air inside your home toxic? Believe it or not, there are lots of items you use in your home on a daily basis that can be detrimental to your health. It’s time to kick them to the curb and start breathing fresher, cleaner air today!
While your house might be filled with harmful airborne pollutants, by making a few simple changes you’ll be well on your way to chemical-free air.
- Keep your HVAC filters clean. Especially now that we are entering the cooling season, it’s vital to clean the filters at least once a month. This will help get rid of pollen, dust and other allergens.
- Get rid of bathroom sprays and synthetic fragrances. Although they may make the air smell good, they’re actually filling it with chemicals. Most household fragrances contain phthalates and other volatile organic chemicals.
- Avoid burning candles made of paraffin wax. Opt for soy candles instead – they burn cleaner and won’t release harmful chemicals.
- Bring a few plants inside. Gerbera daisies, Aloe vera and a number of other succulents can help remove toxins from the air. They can also help brighten up the kitchen, living room or bathroom.
- Air it out. On sunny days where humidity and pollen levels are low, it’s not a bad idea to crack open a few windows to let in some fresh air.
At ABC, our indoor air quality specialists are highly skilled and they understand heating, cooling and ventilation. We don’t just treat the symptoms, we get right to the source by performing an in-depth evaluation of the quality of the air in your home. So relax, and don’t be afraid to take a deep breath. Give us a call us today to learn more!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–