Chicago Whole-Home Humidifier Installation
Maintain Healthy Levels of Humidity in Your Chicago Home
Dry air is a problem throughout Chicagoland homes during the winter. Cold air can’t hold as much moisture as hot summer air. What’s worse is that home heating zaps whatever moisture is left from the air, leaving your house bone dry from about October through April.
The solution is to hire ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric to install a whole-house humidifier. This provides the same benefits as running a portable humidifier, but every room receives an even amount of humidified air.
To learn more about making your home more comfortable this winter with a whole-house humidifier, please call ABC at 888-903-4070 today.
Problems with Low Indoor Humidity
If you don’t have a whole-house humidifier, chances are you’ve experienced some of these problems with low indoor humidity:
- Lingering illnesses: There’s a reason why winter is cold and flu season. First of all, very few droplets hang in the air, which allows bacteria and viruses travel with ease. Then, membranes in your nose and throat dry out, permitting more germs to make it into your lungs. These combined issues make it easier for you to get sick and stay sick longer.
- Chapped lips and itchy skin: Your skin is over half water, so when the air is dry, you may experience itching, flaking, and painful cracking of your skin and lips. These comfort problems leave you reaching for the lip balm and lotion all winter long.
- Static shock: Static electricity heightens in the winter when indoor air is at its driest. This causes your clothes to stick to your body and your hair to stand on end. It also results in painful static shocks when you touch a doorknob or pet the cat. Static shock can fry sensitive electronic equipment.
- Damage to wood furnishings: Dry winter air saps the moisture out of everything in your home. As an organic material, wood is especially vulnerable. Hardwood floors may crack, cupboard doors might warp, and musical instruments can lose their tune as the humidity drops.
A Whole-House Humidifier Can Benefit Your Chicago Home!
The best solution for dry air is to install a whole-house humidification system. This device works in tandem with your furnace, adding mist to the heated air that circulates around your home. A humidistat ensures the unit delivers just the right amount of moisture to bring the relative humidity to between 30 and 50 percent. This is the ideal range to maximize home comfort all winter long.
ABC is a leading expert in indoor humidity control. We’re here to help Chicagoland homeowners feel more comfortable in a properly humidified home. Let our indoor air quality experts evaluate your situation and design and install a Honeywell or Aprilaire humidifier to suit your needs. When you do, you can expect to enjoy these benefits:
- Better health: Higher moisture content in the air keeps your nose and throat moist, making it more difficult for bacteria and viruses to get around. This helps you and your family stay healthy in the winter.
- Improved comfort: Properly humidified air keeps your nasal passages, skin, and lips healthy and moist so you feel more comfortable.
- Lower heating bills: When the air is dry, moisture readily evaporates from your skin. Since evaporation has a cooling effect, you feel the need to turn up the thermostat. On the other hand, properly humidified air keeps moisture on your skin where it belongs, making you feel more comfortable at a lower temperature and therefore decreasing your heating bills.
- Preserved furnishings: Protect your wood floors, furniture, artwork, electronics, and musical instruments by adding the right amount of moisture to the air with a whole-house humidifier.
Choose ABC for Whole-Home Humidifier Installation in Chicago, Illinois
ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is here to help. We are the leading experts in helping Chicagoland homeowners properly control the humidity levels in their homes. Our indoor air quality experts will evaluate the air inside your home and design and install a Honeywell or Aprilaire humidification system that will deliver the perfect amount of moisture to your home.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.