Chicago Air Conditioner Replacement
If you’re tired of barely making it home on I-290 only to find that your air conditioner is still acting finicky, it may be time to throw in the towel. But replacing your old air conditioner requires careful consideration. What efficiency rating, size, and brand will you choose? Who can you trust to help you replace your AC?
Relax—ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is here to guide you through the air conditioning replacement process. We have over 65 years of experience replacing air conditioners in homes throughout the Chicago area. When you’re ready to replace your cooling system, call ABC at 888-868-6667 to schedule an estimate.
Chicagoland Air Conditioner Replacement Services
You should take the AC replacement process seriously if you want your investment to serve you well for the next decade or more. Here’s how ABC helps you choose a new air conditioner to match your comfort preferences, budget, and indoor air quality expectations:
- Select a brand: As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we install some of the most efficient and reliable ACs available.
- Pick a SEER rating: Since higher SEER ratings generally require a larger upfront investment, we’ll help you calculate the payback period of different units so you make a wise decision.
- Size the air conditioner: It’s not enough to replace your old AC with another one of the same size. To ensure the best performance possible, we perfectly size your new AC based on your home’s square footage, insulation levels, air infiltration rates, interior heat gain, and other factors.
- Install the AC: One of our Comfort Consultants installs your new unit, calibrates it for comfort and energy savings, shows you how the programmable thermostat works, and hauls your old AC away.
Signs You Need an AC Replacement
While air conditioners are robust machines, no AC can last forever. Here are some of the top reasons to consider an AC replacement:
- Lukewarm air or limited airflow makes it difficult to keep your home a comfortable, even temperature.
- Strange noises or smells come from the air conditioner even time it turns on.
- Your cooling bills are on the rise.
When to Choose AC Replacement vs. Repair
The above signs you need an AC replacement could also be viewed as reasons to have your AC repaired. However, there comes a time when repairs are no longer good enough, and you should replace your air conditioner instead. Here’s how to tell:
- Age: It’s time to consider replacing your AC once it reaches 10 to 15 years old, especially if it’s also experiencing performance issues.
- Frequent repairs: If your air conditioner has broken down multiple times over the past two summers, spend your money on a high-efficiency replacement instead of yet another repair.
- High repair cost coming up: Regardless of the unit’s age, if an upcoming repair approaches or passes 50% of the cost to replace it, put your money toward a new AC.
- Freon charge required: Freon, or R-22 refrigerant, is currently in a phase out process. As supplies deplete, it becomes increasingly expensive to recharge older air conditioners that still run on this ozone-depleting refrigerant. Your money could be better spent on a replacement AC that uses more eco-friendly Puron, or R-410A refrigerant.
Schedule AC Replacement in Chicago with ABC
If you’re looking for a quality Carrier air conditioner from an HVAC contractor that offers professional installation services and affordable financing options, count on ABC! We’re so confident you’ll enjoy working with our Comfort Consultants on your air conditioner replacement that we guarantee your 100% satisfaction!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–