Air Conditioner Repair in the Chicagoland Area
During the hot, humid Chicagoland summer, having a working air conditioner isn’t just a luxury—it’s a necessity. When you return home from a Millennium Park Summer workout or the Chicago Blues Festival to find that your air conditioner is broken, this is an emergency that can’t wait.
Fortunately, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is here for you! We have over 65 years of experience fixing air conditioners to maximize efficiency and minimize cooling costs. The next time you’re inconvenienced by a broken AC, call us at 888-903-4070 to schedule a repair!
Chicagoland Air Conditioner Repair Services
It doesn’t matter who installed your air conditioner or what make or model it is—our technicians can fix it! We’re so confident in our team that we guarantee your 100% satisfaction. Here are the types of air conditioner repair services we offer:
- Compressor Repair
- Fan Belt Replacement
- Fan Blade Repair
- Blower Motor Replacement
- Refrigerant Leak Repair & Recharge
- Electrical Repair
- And More!
Before we begin the work, we diagnose the problem and explain your repair options and prices. By the way, we price by the job, not by the hour, so you can avoid any unpleasant surprises. Once you have all the information you need to make an informed decision, we’ll move forward with the repair. If you decide it’s time to throw in the towel, we can also replace your aging air conditioner with a new, high-efficiency model.
Signs You Need AC Repair
While air conditioners are robust, many things can go wrong with such complicated machines. Here are some of the top reasons to schedule AC repair:
- No power: If the air conditioner doesn’t turn on, make sure it’s receiving power (in other words, no circuit breakers are tripped) and that the thermostat is set to “cool.” If this basic troubleshooting doesn’t work, call ABC.
- Lukewarm air: Set the thermostat to “auto,” not “on.” If the air coming from supply registers still feels warm, the compressor may have failed or the refrigerant may be low.
- Poor airflow: Try changing the filter. If that doesn’t improve airflow, let us inspect your system and fix whatever’s wrong. You may need duct cleaning services to increase airflow.
- Strange noises or smells: From squealing or grating sounds to pungent or musty odors, don’t ignore these signs that something’s wrong with your air conditioner.
We understand that air conditioner breakdowns don’t always happen on weekdays between 9 and 5. That’s why we offer 24-hour emergency repair services, including weekends and holidays. Let us help keep you cool and comfortable throughout the entire Chicago summer!
Benefits of Professional Repair—Why You Shouldn’t Try it Yourself
Feel free to troubleshoot basic air conditioner problems before you call a professional. However, if simple fixes don’t make a difference, leave in-depth repairs to a professional. Here’s why:
- Proper training prevents mistakes that could damage your equipment or risk your family’s safety.
- Professional tools are needed to perform many AC repairs.
- Any refrigerant-related problem requires attention from a certified professional.
- Repairs come with labor and parts warranties for your peace of mind.
Schedule Chicago AC Repair with ABC
The next time your air conditioner acts up, don’t let a day go by before calling our experienced team for help. Your safety and satisfaction are our number one priority, which is why we background check our technicians before adding anyone to our team. We’re so diligent in our selection process that only 10% of applicants qualify. This is why we confidently guarantee all AC repair work we perform.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”– Jonathon H.
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”– Bryan J.
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”– Ryan B.
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”– Anthony H.
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”– Bob S.
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”– Tim L.